Tank | Melee | Strength
Istok goes by more than one name – the last of his kind, Stalwart Protector, Ancient Sage of the Igman mountains. The only remaining member of an ancient clan of sages, he withstood the brutal trials and tribulations of his monastic order. Unlike his fellows, he staved off the insanity and broken body that seemed to be par for the course. Instead, he came out of it stronger and found inner peace, meditating for hundreds of years in solitude – until the first of the demonic invasions. He did not enjoy the interruption.
Istok can temporarily protect allies with his shield; each hit absorbed by his defense enhances his offensive abilities. Slow moving, but deadly, he can unleash powerful, damaging blows, and crowd control abilities.
See Ability Tree
Level Up Bonuses
Each time he levels up Istok gains :
|At each level||+ 24||+ 12||+ 16||+ 28|
1. Because Istok gathers static only through his Shield of the Righteous skill (Shift), it is generally advised to use it as much as possible to gather the maximum static charge of 50 to use with his Thunderfist (F) ability, and generally buff the damage of his attacks. Because encounters often start with fast hitting monsters that do less damage, standing still and allowing them to hit Istok to generate static is advised.
2. Using Istok's Taunt then Shield of the Righteous will greatly increase the rate with which static is gained.
3. Since Istok's movement is slow, use his Mace Throw to finish off enemies at range rather than as a primary damage skill.
4. Thunderslam should be used on cooldown to keep resource generation high, mainly after using Taunt.
5. Overpower should only be used when Istok needs to heal, and on a maximum number of enemies after using Taunt.
6. Forceful Swing should be used when no other ability is available or when waiting for situations to use higher damage abilities to reduce Shield of the Righteous cooldown time.
Skins available at the beginning.